Why Choose St. Thomas the Apostle School?
St. Thomas the Apostle School (STA) believes parents are the primary educators of their children and at St. Thomas the Apostle the faculty and staff strive to be an extension of that care and teaching through the following:
- Each child is valued as a unique person with individual gifts and needs. The staff encourages each student to develop strong self-esteem and to make an active contribution to the STA family and community. We offer single grade classes for grades K-8 in order to ensure that every child is given the necessary attention, grade specific tools and resources, critical for a lifetime of achievement.
- St. Thomas the Apostle School places a high priority in providing a pleasant, clean and SAFE environment- where the teachers and staff can facilitate actively engaged learning while the students can grow strong mentally and physically.
- St. Thomas the Apostle School provides a solid academic foundation in a Catholic, Christian environment while appreciating and respecting the religious, racial, economic, social, and cultural diversity within our student community.
- Achievements in Academics are recognized and validated by STA's high scoring on the Iowa Standardized Tests and high acceptance rates for 8th grade graduates to their first choice High Schools.
- The St. Thomas the Apostle Science Program is state-of-the-art and well acknowledged in the Archdiocese. STA Technology education prepares students K-8 with an early start to technological literacy with emphasis on preparation for High School. A newly developed Gifted and Talented Student Program is available for a continuing lifetime of success.
- Learning Specialists and specialized resources are offered and encouraged for our students with challenges in learning and is included in the tuition at St. Thomas the Apostle School. After school peer tutoring/homework club helps support the academic needs our students. This specialized support helps to ensure continued achievement and a future of success.
- Academics at STA are extended through a well-rounded curriculum including Music, Drama, Art and an after school Chinese Enrichment Program to support our students who would like to discover and explore their heritage.
- St. Thomas the Apostle School believes that a strong and healthy mind and body is essential for building future leaders. All students have the opportunity to participate in the P.E Program and are encouraged to participate in after school sports to build their bodies as well as their minds. At STA students learn teamwork while they participate in Volleyball, Basketball and Baseball for the St. Thomas the Apostle School Tomcats.
- St. Thomas the Apostle School aids busy family schedules by providing an optional hot lunch program, an extended care program and free supervised play after school for students in grades 3rd-8th.
- The Principal, Faculty, Staff and our Pastor all practice a welcoming open door policy for all students and parents. We encourage and welcome you to visit, take a school tour, meet the faculty/staff and speak with us about the opportunity of joining our committed, strong family and community at St. Thomas the Apostle School and Parish.
2012-2013 Open House Schedule- Presentation and Tours
Preschool & Pre-K:
Please check back for Preschool Open House Dates.
K - 8th Grade:
Wednesday, October 17th, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
All are welcome- Tour the school and meet the Principal,
Faculty and Staff!